mechanical keyboard kit
There are many different types of CNC keyboard cases on the market. Some are made specifically for CNC machines, while others are made for general use. When choosing a CNC keyboard case, it is important to consider the type of CNC machine you have and the specific needs of your project.
There are several things to keep in mind when choosing a CNC keyboard case. The first is the size of the case. CNC keyboard cases come in a variety of sizes, so it is important to choose one that will fit your machine. The second is the type of material the case is made from. CNC keyboard cases are typically made from aluminum or plastic. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Is aluminum case good for keyboard?
Aluminum cases are typically more durable than plastic cases. They are also more expensive. Plastic cases are less durable but are often lighter and less expensive.
Aluminum keyboard cases are a great choice of material for a keyboard case, but it would be in your best interest to make sure the quality of the metal is good.
What aluminum is used for keyboards?
It makes it a popular choice for producers. The 6061 aluminum is a better option for making keyboard cases. It has excellent strength, highly anti-corrosive, high weldability and machineability. 6061 aluminum is preferred where strength and corrosion resistance is a much-needed factor.
What is the difference between a customized keyboard case and a directly purchased finished keyboard?
Because custom keyboards are created with your own mind, it’s no exaggeration to say that this is the only keyboard in the world, unless there is another you in the world. But just because you need to conceive, design, and assemble, customized keyboards are destined to be only a few people’s keyboards. After all, more people just want to use keyboards to type and play games, rather than the pursuit of individuality.
According to the above description, the customization of the mechanical keyboard can be explained, that is, to assemble a mechanical keyboard of your own creativity according to your own wishes.
A brief introduction to the structure of a mechanical keyboard?
1. Axle 2. Shell 3. Keycaps 4, the data line 5. Satellite axis 6. PCB 7. positioning plate 8. LED
- The structure of the mechanical keyboard consists of three parts: the keycap, the mechanical shaft and the fuselage.
- Keycaps are often made of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene plastic (ABS), polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), polyoxymethylene (POM), nylon and other materials.
- The mechanical axis is the core of the mechanical keyboard, and it is also the key of the mechanical keyboard. Different axes have different button feel.
- The mechanical keyboard body is usually made of aluminum alloy and plastic. The housing can then be machined using a machining center.
Precautions for machining the aluminum shell of the mechanical keyboard in the machining center
1. First of all, we choose the appropriate material for processing: In order to ensure the better feel and appearance of the mechanical keyboard Case, MACHMASTER recommends choosing AL6061-T6 aluminum and AL6063-T6 aluminum materials. The material processing of these two models is also relatively cheap. , The material grade is divided into new material and secondary material. The aluminum shell of the mechanical keyboard needs sandblasting. AL6063 has higher aluminum content than AL6061. The new national standard AL6063 is a better choice. Choosing this model can achieve higher texture.
2. Matters needing attention in processing: Considering the problems of product volume and processing time, we choose 20 milling cutters and increase the Z-axis feed in the adjustment stage, so that the processing efficiency can be increased by 30%; and in order to ensure the mechanical keyboard The surface quality of the aluminum shell should minimize the surface knife marks and joint marks. We reduce the number of knife connections, fine-tune the R angle of the art line, and use the PCD polishing knife for one-time processing.
3. After processing the mechanical keyboard shell, this is just a semi-finished product. We need to manually use 400# sponge to clean the lower acute angle to prevent the acute angle from being smoothed after oxidation and prevent the oxide layer from falling off.
4. In addition, we will clean with pure water to prevent corrosion of cutting fluid.
The keyboard case also can start with several units prototypes, so you can test and check whether the design needs to be improved or not. Our team is with rich experience in custom keyboard case projects, we’d also like to provide support for your keyboard project, let’s discuss more details together now.